When using TROPHiT with custom user IDs, as described in the Advanced Scenarios in the Integration Reference, you need to ensure AppsFlyer correctly collects your custom user IDs, usually as part of your app's user-registration (i.e. first time login) event. To do so, verify AppsFlyer's registration event report contains a valid custom user ID for all your app's registration events. Here's an example of how to generate such a report:
- Go to your AppsFlyer's app dashboard and set a reasonable period (1-2 weeks):
- Click Reports -> Raw Data Report -> In-App Events and wait for the report .csv file to download
- Open the .csv report in your favourite spreadsheet editor
- Filter by the Event Name column - set it to the registration event, so that you only look at those events
- Finally, look at the resulting Customer User ID column - make sure every registration entry has a valid user ID.
If none or some of the entries should have a User ID but it is empty, it is possible that your app invokes the setCustomerUserId method of AppsFlyer's SDK after (or in parallel) to tracking the registration event. You should ensure that method is called prior to tracking the event.